By Don Kirby
Pilates on Elmwood is dedicated to the original authentic teaching of Joseph and Claire Pilates.
Keeping in mind the evolution of our industry. Authentic and contemporary Pilates in Big Country Abilene TX.
We offer a personalized approach to wellness.
*Massage * Nutrition * Personal Training * Yoga * Pre and Post Therapy
◾ Prenatal , Postnatal Pilates as well as brides are other areas we specialize in
NO ENROLLMENT FEES,NO MEMBERSHIP FEES TRUE HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMMING
Prenatal and Postnatal Pilates
For best results you should start your exercise program before becoming pregnant:
For best results and easiest delivery it is best to plan ahead and start exercising before you become pregnant, especially if you are without any prior fitness experience. If you become pregnant and are very deconditioned your Dr. may even suggest that you wait until after the delivery before beginning any exercise program.
Pilates may be one of the best ways to get started.
Why? Here are 12 reasons
- It concentrates on breathing ( diaphragmatic breathing)
- It concentrates on the pelvic floor ( Kegel exercises)
- It concentrates on the abdominal wall connection
- Its Gentle ( in my opinion as a Pilates and yoga instructor it’s even more gentle then yoga with less stress on joints. Yogi and Yoginis please do not get me wrong I love Yoga and think Yoga is also wonderful for pregnancy.
- It may help to prevent Diastasis Recti
- It helps with lordotic posture associated with pregnancy
- Better posture from exercise aids in digestion
- It helps eliminate back pain commonly associated with pregnancy
- Woman who exercise bounce back quicker and are able to better take care of there new bundle of joy.
- Exercise may help distrabute weight more evenly wich also helps with strains in arches, calves
- May help with a smoother delivery with less labor time and complications.
- Healthy moms usually make healthier babies
You may also be interested in the articles below