Lemon and strawberry come together in these easy and tart muffins.
Categories: Desserts, Low Calorie, Low Sodium, Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, lightly beat together the oil, milk, egg, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Mix strawberries into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oil mixture just until moist.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
Servings: 12, Calories: 170, Fat: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 131mg, Carbohydrate: 28.6g, Protein: 3.1g
We offer a personalized approach to wellness.
Prenatal, Postnatal Pilates as well as brides are other areas we specialize in