Here’s What You Need
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, cake flour, and cocoa.
- Sift together 2 times, and set aside.
- In a clean large bowl, whip egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on high speed until very stiff.
- Fold in white sugar 2 tablespoons at a time while continuing to mix.
- Fold in flour mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour, or until cake springs back when touched.
Servings: 14, Calories: 180, Fat: 0.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 99mg, Carbohydrate: 39.9g, Protein: 5g
Pilates, Pilates equiptment Yoga, Thai Yoga Bodywork, Nutrition and all things in health, wellness and fitness!
Hope to see you there.
We offer a personalized approach to wellness.
Prenatal, Postnatal Pilates as well as brides are other areas we specialize