This is a great summer salad that can be prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy the day.
Categories: Lunch, Low Sodium, Dinner, High Protein, Dairy-Free, High Fiber Diet
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, halved
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast meat
- In a large bowl, mix together the onions, carrot, red pepper, peas, chicken, cilantro and almonds.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and dry mustard until smooth.
- Pour over salad mixture and toss until coated.
- Serve in pita pockets or on a bed of lettuce.
Servings:4, Calories:341, Fat:16.9g, Cholesterol:54mg, Sodium:236mg, Carbohydrate:20.4g, Protein:27.1g
FOLLOW US ON: