These nutritious, delicious muffins have been a family favorite for years.
Categories: Desserts, Low Calorie, Low Sodium, Breakfast, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix buttermilk with wheat bran.
- In another bowl, beat together egg, sugar, oil, banana, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, oat bran, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir buttermilk mixture and egg mixture into flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Stir in berries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until done.
Servings: 12, Calories: 214, Fat: 10.9g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 158mg, Carbohydrate: 30g, Protein: 5g
FOLLOW US ON:
We offer a personalized approach to wellness.
Prenatal, Postnatal Pilates as well as brides are other areas we specialize in