Abby’s Chicken Rollatini
Much like Chicken Saltimbocca, this is chicken smothered in parmesan cheese and rolled with mozzarella and prosciutto and baked in white wine.
Categories: Low Carb, Lunch, Dinner, High Protein
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 10 ounces sliced whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Pound chicken breasts flat, and lay them on work surface.
- Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese on both sides.
- Place a pinch of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon butter in the center of each breast.
- Cover each breast with a layer of prosciutto and mozzarella cheese.
- Reserve some of the prosciutto to place on top of the chicken.
- Roll up each chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, combine white wine and olive oil.
- Arrange chicken rolls in dish.
- Place a small piece of prosciutto on top of each roll, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, an juices run clear.
Servings:4, Calories:662, Fat:47.1g, Cholesterol:169mg, Sodium:1165mg, Carbohydrate:2.6g, Protein:51.8g