Whole Grain Waffles
I love experimenting with recipes, and I came up with this one after a lot of experimenting with my favorite waffle recipe. These are more filling than your average waffles. I use aluminum-free baking powder. These are wonderful with homemade blueberry syrup.
Categories: Breakfast, High Fiber Diet, Vegetarian
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
Servings: 6, Calories: 299, Fat: 16.3g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 326mg, Carbohydrate: 29.4g, Protein: 10.7g
We offer a personalized approach to wellness.
Prenatal, Postnatal Pilates as well as brides are other areas we specialize in